The management of physical records requires an understanding of the preservation requirements, particularly in the case of significant, historical, permanent, high-risk or high-value records. Records Solutions offers the service of providing advice, support and preventative programs to ensure these records are managed appropriately for their entire lifecycle.
If an organisations’ records have become damaged we are able to provide conservation treatment services in accordance with current best practice and scientific knowledge and the Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials’ Code of Ethics.
The list of services that can be provided include:
- Conservation treatment for paper, photos, parchment and vellum
- Condition reporting
- Preventative preservation
- Preservation needs assessment
- Preservation planning
- Disaster planning and response
- Integrated pest management planning
- Collection storage design
- Collection relocation planning
- Conservation and preservation training