To provide participants with knowledge to design and develop a Thesaurus, including conducting preliminary investigations, reviewing business activities and identifying requirements of an organisation.
- Participants will acquire the knowledge to design and develop a Thesaurus
- Role and Function of a Thesaurus
- Preliminary investigation – role of the organisation, legislative requirements, etc.
- Review and analysis of business activity (functions, activities, transactions)
- Identification of requirements
- Identification of unique functions / activities
- Draft grouping of terms and scope notes
- Draft compilation
- Importance of user feedback and
- Final product
The course is conducted in a classroom facilitator lead format with interactive questioning and group work activities. Exercise in developing a series of two or three Thesaurus terms (functions / activities for sample records) including developing scope notes and non preferred terms, etc. There will be a written test at the close of the session. The course is conducted with a minimum of 5 participants.
Who should attend?
People new to the industry who would benefit from training covering records management principles.
$400 per person (plus GST) with all course material supplied.
Price subject to change without notification.